Friday, October 18, 2013

Cinnamon Things (Vegan)

It's been a very rainy week here in Austin (apart from yesterday which was a perfect, crisp, sunny, autumn day). Rainy, cool weather makes me want to bake and bake specifically with cinnamon. I don't care what I'm making, it's getting cinnamon 'cause it's cold and cinnamon makes me feel all warm and cozy. Unfortunately I used up the last of my cinnamon this week in all of my oatmeal eating (I tried replacing it with pumpkin pie spice -belgh and ground ginger -a little better, but barely). It always surprises me when I run out of a spice, I always expect those little jars to last forever. 

Anyway, I can't get to the store to buy more cinnamon at the moment so I started drooling over pictures of other cinnamony goodness out in the blog world and I decided to share them with you. Plus, it's been a long time since I've done any kind of 'favorite things' post. So without further ado, I give you all of the cinnamon things I wish I could be making right now.

Please note that photos below belong to the original bloggers, to be taken to their site just click the photo.


100% Whole Spelt Cinnamon Raisin Bread - healthier and delicious! Also happens to be vegan and dairy-free | texanerin.com
Cinnamon Raisin Bread -Texan Erin
Cinnamon Raisin bread is one of those foods I'm constantly forgetting about usually until I go out for breakfast and I'm asked what type of bread I want on the side and they list my options. This bread however looks like one that I would not easily forget about. I'll take a slice toasted please!


Untitled
Baked Vegan Cinnamon Doughnuts -That Kate
Can I just take a moment and say that I love that it's become socially acceptable, even trendy to eat doughnuts. For the longest time it seemed that even looking at a doughnut would have you labeled as a fatty or a Homer Simpson type. Doughnuts are delicious, I'm glad we're done hating on them. And these cinnamon doughnuts look especially tasty!


Cinnamon Rolls with Coconut Frosting and Caramel Raisin Filling -This Rawsome Vegan Life
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. Those are raw and vegan cinnamon rolls. What can I say, I am continually amazed by Emily's creativity every time I stop by her blog. Someday I will make these.


Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Cinnamon Bundt Cake -The Misfit Baker
It may just be the fancy bundt pan it was baked in, but this cake is gorgeous. So simple yet so classy. I'm definitely keeping this recipe on file.


Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Pull-Apart Bread
Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Pull-Apart Bread -Kohler Created
I haven't had much, if any pull-apart bread in my life, but this looks mighty tasty. Plus, I'm just a sucker for all things cinnamon raisin.


So there ya have it. I was surprised at how few vegan cinnamon recipes there are out there, apart from cinnamon rolls of course.
What are your favorite cinnamon recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment