Monday, September 30, 2013

Pistachio Chia Pudding (Vegan, Gluten Free)


My dad has been working really hard over the last few months to lower his cholesterol. This means greatly decreasing the amount of meat and ice cream he consumes which is basically like asking the cookie monster to give up cookies. Which I heard may have actually happened.. Are the rumors true? Is he the veggie monster now?


Anyway, I wanted to throw my dad a bone. He recently asked about me about chia seeds and after I explained how healthy they are (full of fiber, protein, omega-3s and more) he asked my mom to pick some up the next time she went to the grocery store.


I gave him some general uses for chia seeds, but I thought I'd give him a recipe created specifically with him in mind. Knowing how much my dad loves pistachios, I'm hoping this can be a new healthy treat for him. I hope you enjoy it, Dad! I'm proud of all your hard work!

Pistachio Chia Pudding
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
  • 1/3 Cup Pistachios (I found some already shelled in the bulk section at Whole Foods)
  • 1/4 Cup Pistachios, chopped, for garnish
  • 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
  • Sweeten to Taste using Agave or Pure Maple Syrup (about 2 Tablespoons is a good starting point)
Makes 2 Servings.
Combine all the ingredients (apart from the pistachios for garnish) in a blender and blend until the mixture becomes a smooth, thick consistency, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the pudding into serving dishes and allow to set for an hour in the refrigerator. Feel free to garnish before or after refrigerating. Serve and enjoy!




Looking for more Chia Pudding recipes? Check these out:
Vanilla


What's your favorite Chia Pudding recipe? 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, I love you my Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this stuff when she made it! It was almost more like a mousse than a pudding! So light and fluffy! :p

    I will ever be true to strawberry, though! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, good for your dad! My mom, a meat & potatoes Midwesterner, went vegan this year and was able to reverse her diabetes. But it was definitely hard for her! This pistachio pudding looks amazing--I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great about your mom! I'm really happy for her!

      Delete
  4. Wow!nice article and containing allot of information about the pistachio well done.

    Pistachio Orchard for Sale California

    ReplyDelete