Friday, May 10, 2013

Favorite Things Friday.

Happy Friday Everyone! Welcome to my second Favorite Things Friday where I share some of the awesome stuff I've been loving around the blogosphere and in life. 

Favorite Raw Dish
padthai3
I love Pad Thai! And this raw version looks delicious! It's full of veggies, bursting with flavor and couldn't be simpler to make. Definitely planning on making it soon!


Favorite Breakfast
Couldn't get a picture of this one, but you guys should head over there and check it out. It looks so good! Pineapple, banana, coconut, oatmeal, coconut rum....do I need to go on?


Favorite Earth Friendly Post
sustainable2013


Favorite Quick & Easy Dinner 
I'm always experimenting in the kitchen, but every once in awhile it's nice to have something I can just pull out of my freezer and cook in less than 10 minutes. I have tried a few of the different Rising Moon flavors and they've all been great! Finding organic and vegan ravioli is no easy task, but you should be able to find this brand at Whole Foods or your local natural grocery store. This butternut squash flavor is one of my favorites; I ate it with tomato sauce and blanched kale for an easy, healthy meal.


Favorite Comeback
hello
I almost did a double take when I saw there was a new blog post from The Flowerchild Dwelling this week. Kelly Ann has been taking a break for the past few months, but I am so excited she's back! Her blog always features beautiful photos, awesome music and insightful musings on life. 


Favorite Salad
I have been eating a variation of this salad everyday this week, no exaggeration. I just chop up some tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, green onion and avocado and throw it over a bed of spinach. Sprinkle on some sliced almonds and top it with pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette. Some days I added shredded carrots. When I ran out of almonds I used raw sunflower seeds. One day I massaged the avocado into some kale and used that as my bed of greens. Last night I mixed all the veggies (plus green pepper and red onion) in with some quinoa and kale, then mixed in some salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and lime juice. I swear I could eat these veggies everyday for the rest of my life.    


Favorite Blog Post
This was a guest post written by Joyce Del Rosario listing eight foods that should be eaten raw in order to obtain optimum nutritional value. It was an interesting read as she briefly described the particular health benefits of each food. Em (writer of This Rawesome Vegan Life) also included recipes that contain these foods, just click on the pictures.


I think that's all for today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and come back next week for some more great finds. 

What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't your favorite earth-friendly post get a blurb from you? Ice really enjoyed reading about your favorite weekly things. You've got good taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! You're absolutely right! I didn't even notice that- good eye! And Thanks! it's nice to know someone appreciates these posts!

      Delete