Monday, April 8, 2013

10-a-Day Challenge/// Push-ups


This month I'm challenging myself to do 10 push-ups everyday in addition to my regular exercise routines. I realize this may not seem like a big deal to many of you, but for someone like me who doesn't have a ton of upper body strength, it's a challenge. The hardest part may just be remembering to do it everyday (hence, the sticky note on the wall). I also wanted to do this challenge to prove to myself and other people that small changes can have major affects on our bodies.  And just like with any other goal, I'm not going to stop myself from doing more than ten push-ups, in fact I'll probably try and do more, but I'm focusing on performing a minimum of ten push-ups each day. I think it's important to give ourselves small attainable goals to work towards.

So if you are so inclined, I encourage you to join me in this challenge. It'll take less than one minute each day, it's free and you'll be improving your body. If ten push-ups are a piece of cake for you, up the number to twenty or thirty or 100 if you're a beast. If ten is too hard, just do a couple push-ups throughout the day adding up to ten, or do push-ups on your knees (I refuse to call them girly push-ups).

Need a little more convincing? Push-ups have long been considered a perfect exercise. We typically think of them as an upper body workout, which they are, but they also work the core, legs and hips- so in reality a full body workout. Plus, for women, in addition to building muscle, push-ups have been known to have a bone-building effect. 

Most importantly, make sure you have the proper form and are doing the exercise correctly. Click here or here to learn how to do a perfect push-up, plus other variations if you're looking for an added challenge. And remember, as these websites mention, it's quality over quantity.

Here's my before picture. Check back in a little over a month for the results!

If you're planning on joining me in this challenge, I'd love to hear from you. If you post about it on your blog leave me the link so I can check it out and with your permission, share your results along with my own. Good Luck!


P.S.- Can I just say that I love how I can see Pike's Peak from my bathroom!


Peace & Love,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment