Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas in Pictures and Recipes

I just want to look back at 2013 one more time, is that cool? Sam and I had such a fun time visiting my family in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. It was a whirlwind of a trip (I was definitely ready for some Joy-time by the end), but it was great to spend the Christmas surrounded by family. So today I'd like to keep it simple and share some of my favorite photos from the trip along with some of the recipes I made while we were gone. (I apologize the pictures are not the best, I didn't want to lug my DSLR there, so I used a point and shoot for the first time in a long time and the lighting was less than ideal).


While visiting my sister in NH, we brought Sam to the camp I went to growing and later worked at for a couple years.
Christmas Eve I made my Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but instead of raisins I added dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips.
The Fam wearing their new pajama pants on Christmas Eve. 
I made these Vegan Sugar Cookies from Oh Lady Cakes. I doubled the batch and instead of using sour cream I substituted 3 tablespoons of  unsweetened applesauce and 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk. Super tasty!
After going to an indoor trampoline park and realizing it was full of little children that at least one of us would inevitably injure, we decided to go duck pin bowling instead. I hadn't been bowling in years and we ended up going again the next day.
My sister requested cinnmon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning. This recipe from Minimalist Baker worked out perfectly! My dad topped his with sliced almonds for an even tastier treat.
It was so cozy sitting by the Christmas Tree.

After going to one of my favorite Rhode Island restaurants, Crazy Burger, I insisted that we all go to the beach. I miss the ocean way too much.
It's not often Sam and I get dressed up so we thought we should capture the rare moment.
My biscotti kick followed me out east. I made my Hazelnut Biscotti recipe, but instead of hazelnuts I added sliced almonds, some almond meal and mini dark chocolate chips. 
*Not Pictured: I also made my Whole Wheat Rosemary Bread into dinner rolls.

I hope you all had wonderful holidays with your family and friends as well!
What delicious food did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment