Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blind Corners



Life is a funny thing. We can form all the expectations we want, but no matter what, life is going to happen the way it is going to happen. At which point we are left with a choice. Do we hide? Wallow? Shy away? Pout and whine? Or do we get off our butts and fight back? Don't get me wrong, I believe a little wallowing is necessary as the healing process, but wallow and move on.

I've done more than my fair share of pouting and whining. Now it is time for me to get up and stare life in the face. It's my turn now. And that is where this blog comes in. I've been wanting to start one for over a year, but I never made it a priority. Instead, I let excuses lead my life. Blogging is an intimidating thing. I made it too big of a deal in my mind for too long. There are so many great blogs out there, it's easy to become intimidated. But as with most things in life, you will never fully enjoy or fully succeed at something until you make the choice to do it for yourself. So this blog is for me. It is a space for me to reflect on my day, share my newest recipe, post a pretty picture or whatever else I feel like doing.

My life is turning around a blind corner and in my opinion that is where some of the most spectacular beauty in life takes place. The unexpected, the uncertainty, the faith that life will continue on and be more amazing than ever.

So in light of all of that, I want to say thank you for stopping by my space and welcome! I hope you come back soon and find encouragement or at least great new recipe.

Peace & Love,
                      Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment